Douglass Street Writing Laboratory Fall Session SOLD OUT
On a roll with your writing? Need a shot in the arm? Have you been procrastinating? Need some structure? Fun?
Fiction, Creative Non, and Beyond
A Creative Writing Laboratory
When: 8 consecutive Tuesdays, starting August 26th, 2008.
What time: 7-9:30pm.
Where: A spacious private home near both the Castro and Noe Valley with easy parking and access to MUNI.
NEXT SESSION STARTS IN JANUARY '09. SCROLL DOWN TO JOIN THE MAILING LIST.
Intimate writing laboratory (a place to research, experiment, measure, review, and revise) for all levels.
• Experienced writers should expect to build upon their craft skills and deepen their characterizations.
• "Beginners" should expect to learn a useful, creative writing vocabulary and to experience how precision, concreteness, expansiveness, and generosity work together to form compelling and scintillating prose.
• All should expect to take their work, but not themselves, seriously (plan to have fun in an environment that will be at once focused and relaxed).
Non-writer-identified folks, avid readers, and creative artists (actors, dancers, musicians, etc.) are welcomed, encouraged to attend.
Class Size: 8-12 people.
• You will not be responsible to write written feedback for your peers. Reading/feedback will take place in "the lab" and there will be the option of posting and responding online in between sessions.
• The Douglass Lab is also home to a cat, should that be relevant to you.
• More about Douglass St. Lab.
• Join Douglass Street Lab Mailing List: